Holiday Dishes You Can Cook on the Grill
The holiday season is just around the corner, and if you have a grill, there isn’t a better idea than to fire it up. This holiday season, it can be a great idea to head outdoors instead of indoors and cook a meal for your family in the open air.
This will help you make things more festive and provide a unique and memorable experience for you and your loved ones this holiday season.
Below are some of the best recipes that you can prepare on the grill as amazing dishes to share with a crowd or with your family.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp- This dish can serve as a great appetizer alongside your main protein and mashed potatoes. It is one of the quickest and easiest things to grill. You can also make this recipe on a broiler. To prepare this shrimp recipe, you have to toss them with spices and crushed garlic. By doing so, you can add a super flavorful addition to your recipe. Then you can skewer them or use a grill pan and cook thoroughly.
- Caprese Salad with Grilled Flank Steak- This salad is easy to make on the grill, and also makes a great appetizer or meal. The salad depicts the classic combination of Mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and balsamic, which combines together incredibly to compliment the richness of grilled flank steak.
- Taco Salad with Grilled Chicken- This salad includes Southwest spices, along with amazing additions of sour cream, avocado, and a punch of lime juice. This is another salad that you can prepare on the grill, and allows the guests to enjoy an appetizer that they will never forget.
- Chicken Fajitas- This is another grilled recipe that lets you enjoy chicken and vegetables in an easy and healthy way. This recipe is highly customizable, and you can add your favorite tortillas and peppers into this recipe. Some people like to spice this recipe up with salsa, while others infuse it with the strong flavor of bacon. This is an ideal meal for a holiday dinner, and it can also make for great leftovers for the entire week.
- Grilled Tofu Skewers- Meat is not the only food item that you can prepare on the grill. This dish allows you to enjoy the amazing combination of Tofu and Sriracha Sauce. To prepare this dish, you have to mix Tofu, peppers and mushrooms so that they can marinate in a spicy sauce. After they marinate, you can grill them using skewers. Since holiday dishes are usually so high in fat and calories, adding this healthy addition to the dinner can be a great way to utilize the grill.
- Grilled Romaine- Overall, grilled vegetables are one of the best ways to prepare them. Grilled romaine, for instance, is a dish that you can use to compliment your holiday meal. This dish simply requires you to add lettuce with a bit of char. This dish can be a great side dish to compliment turkey, or you can also use this as a base for your salad. Simply drizzle some lemon juice over the top to incorporate a zesty flavor to the dish. View this dish as a fresh take on lettuce.
- Grilled Zucchini - Grilled lemon pepper zucchini is another dish that you can serve to your guests during the holidays. It makes for an incredible side dish to go with your main course or even appetizer. All you have to do is make aluminum foil packets, and put zucchini, onions, squash and peppers into them before you put the packets on the grill. Another way to serve them is by putting them on skewers like kabobs.
Holiday Dishes on the Grill
If you have a heated grill, there are endless possibilities in terms of holiday dishes. A grill gives you the freedom to prepare anything, and also enhance dishes with your favorite ingredients. For this reason, using the grill this holiday can be an amazing option.