Zesty Western Chorizo Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- Combine 2 Tbsp of Zesty Western Marinade with 4 Tbsp of oil and 1 Tbsp of vinegar per 1 lb. of meat. Mix well.
- Place meat or vegetables and marinade in a zip lock bag or non-metallic container, tossing to coat.
- Let marinate 1 hour or over night. (We recommend olive oil and white vinegar. Others are also fantastic: Sesame & peanut oil, apple cider, white & red wine vinegars contribute their own unique flavor.)
Zesty Western Chorizo Breakfast Bowl feat. Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings
Any day you can start with a chorizo breakfast bowl is bound to be a great one. Features Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings in Wyoming.
Make this recipe? Let us know how it turned out by leaving a review below.
- Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings ((to taste))
- ¾ lb Uncooked Hi Mountain Chorizo Blend Breakfast Sausage ((sub your favorite ground chorizo, or any sausage; if you have links, slice ⅛" to ¼" thick and remove casings))
- 6 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes ((Sliced ⅛" to ¼" thick))
- 1 Small Onion ((diced))
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- ¼ cup Parsley or Cilanro ((garnish))
- 2 tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 4 Fried or Poached Eggs
Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook onions until golden, about 6 minutes.
Add chorizo and cook until it just begins to brown and release oil, about 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in potatoes, season with Zesty Western Marinade and paprika, and cover skillet. Cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Just before the potatoes and chorizo are done, prepare eggs to your liking and keep warm.
Spoon the chorizo and potatoes into 4 large bowls, and top with one egg (or two if you are really hungry). Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve.
Thanks to Hi Mountain Seasonings for this chorizo breakfast bowl recipe!
chorizo, featured box item, pork recipe, sausage