Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Chipotle Lime Crema
- 3 tsp Sucklebusters Clucker Dust Chicken Rub
- Sucklebusters Hog Waller Pork Rub
- 5-6 lb Bone-in Pork Butt (aka “Boston Butt” or Pork Shoulder)
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Bag Mixed Tricolor Slaw (Green Cabbage, Purple Cabbage, Carrots)
- 1 Cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 3 Cups Sour Cream
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
- 2 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Cotija Cheese
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Liberally season outside of Pork Butt with Sucklebusters Hog Waller Pork Rub until well coated on all sides. Preheat smoker to 230 °F and smoke until reaching an internal temperature (IT) of 165 °F, and the bark has set. Tightly wrap in foil and place back on the smoker, increasing heat to 260 °F, and cook until the IT reaches 203 °F. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes, then wrap and place in a cooler to rest for 1 hour. Pull the pork butt by hand using the pulling gloves from your box, and cover until ready to serve.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, distilled white vinegar, rice wine vinegar, honey, sea salt, Red Pepper Flakes, and bring to a simmer. Slice the red onion thinly and pack them in a mason jar. Remove pickling solution from heat and pour over Red Onion. Let pickle for 35-40 minutes, while the mixture cools. Ready for use or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine Tricolor Slaw with Apple Cider Vinegar, Mayonnaise, and 1 Cup Sour Cream. Mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper, cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl utilizing an immersion blender or in a food processor, combine 2 Cups Sour Cream, Juice of 1 lime, Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce, and 1 tsp of Sucklebusters Clucker Dust Chicken Rub. Blend until smooth, set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a medium pot, combine Orange Juice, Juice of 1 Lime, and 2 tsp of Sucklebusters Clucker Dust Chicken Rub. Add pulled pork and let simmer for 1 hour, until flavors have infused into the pork.
- Time to build the tacos! Warm tortillas before serving, then top with slaw mixture, pulled pork, diced pickled red onion, and diced pickled jalapenos. Drizzle Chipotle Lime Crema over taco, then sprinkle with cotija cheese. Finish by zesting lime over the tacos. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!