Zesty Western Flank Steak Recipe
- Combine 2 Tbsp of Marinade with 4 Tbsp of oil and 1 Tbsp of vinegar per 1 lb. of meat. Mix well.
- Place meat or vegetables and marinade in a zip lock bag or non-metallic container, tossing to coat.
- Let marinate 1 hour or over night. (We recommend olive oil and white vinegar. Others are also fantastic: Sesame & peanut oil, apple cider, white & red wine vinegars contribute their own unique flavor.)
Hi Mountain Seasoning Zesty Western Flank Steak
Enjoy the authentic flavors of Wyoming with this grilled flank steak recipe that calls for Zesty Western Marinade seasoning by Hi Mountain Seasonings.
Make this recipe? Let us know how it turned out by leaving a review below.
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 3½ tbsp Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings ((featured box item))
- 2 lb Flank Steak ((sub venison, bison or your preferred meat))
- ½ tbsp Miners Mix XXX-Garlic Seasoning ((sub granulated garlic))
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Grapeseed or Canola Oil
Combine dry ingredients.
Pat your flank steak dry with paper towels and prepare to apply your dry rub created above. Rub all sides of the flank steak with 2 tablespoons of oil. Then, apply your dry rub.
Cast Iron: Heat a large cast iron skillet on high heat for several minutes or just until smoking point. Add remaining oil, then add the steak.
Sear each side for 1 minute. Flip again and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes and repeat with other side of the steak. Cook to your preference, checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer:
Rare: 120F, Medium Rare: 130F, Medium 140F, Medium Well: 150F, Well Done: 160+F. (USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F (medium) and then rested for at least 3 minutes.)
After reaching your preferred internal temperature, move the flank steak to a plate to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Cut the steak into thin slices (about 1/4 inch) against the grain.
Thanks to Hi Mountain Seasonings for this flank steak recipe from Wyoming!
featured box item, steak