Tri-Tip & Bacon Burger
This month we're going to walk you through the mouthwatering journey of creating a delectable Tri-Tip steak and bacon burger using the leftover steak from the Reverse Seared Tri Tip Recipe. This technique ensures a perfectly cooked and juicy steak with a gorgeous crust on the outside, yet also yields great leftovers. Let’s fire up that grill…this guide is perfect for all levels of grilling expertise. Let's get started!
Tri-Tip & Bacon Burger using leftover Reverse Seared Tri-Tip Steak
- Meat Mitch Steer Season
- Lane’s BBQ Sorta White
- Southern City Flavors Bacon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- ½ Pound Reverse Seared Tri-Tip steak slices seasoned with Meat Mitch Steer Season and Blackened Seasoning by Rainier Foods
- 6 ⅓ Pound Burger Patties
- 8 – 12 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Onion
- Farmhouse Cheddar Cheese
- Additional Hamburger Toppings of choice
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Preheat your grill to 375 F using moderate direct flame.
- Season burger patties with Meat Mitch Steer Season and let sit for 10-15 minutes while the grill is preheating.
- Add bacon slices to a baking sheet and season with Meat Mitch Steer Season. Add bacon to the top rack of the grill. Cook until crispy.
Grill burger patties 6 minutes each side over moderate flame and then continue to let cook over indirect heat.
- Reheat the Tri Tip on the top rack while the burgers are cooking.
- Saute sliced onions in Southern City Bacon Whiskey BBQ Sauce on the grill or on the stove for extra flavor.
Once Burgers are 137°F -145°F (depending on preference) cut the heat and toast the hamburger buns on the grill for the perfect bite.
- Apply a layer of Lane’s BBQ Sorta White Sauce to the bottom and top bun. Add Tri Tip followed by sauteed onions, hamburger patty, cheese, bacon and lettuce (optional). Add additional toppings of choice and enjoy!