Pitmaster Bonus Recipe - Reverse Seared Tomahawk Pork Chop
feat. Lane’s Signature Rub and Seasoning and Myron Mixon Hickory Sauce
Reverse Seared Tomahawk Pork Chop
A Tomahawk Pork Chop is one of the best cuts of pork out there. To maximize depth of flavor, the best way to prepare it is the reverse sear method. This recipe follows our Reverse Seared Pork Tenderloin Recipe, to make it an easy addition to your GMC September Box Creations.
- Lane’s Signature Rub and Seasoning
- Myron Mixon Hickory Sauce
- 1 Tomahawk Pork Chop
- ½ Stick Butter
- 3 Sprigs Rosemary
- Preheat your smoker to 225 °F.
- Season tomahawk pork chop with Lane’s Signature Rub and Seasoning.
- Smoke at 225 °F. For 45 minutes, until internal temp of 110 °F.
- Remove the pork chop and increase the grill temperature to somewhere around 375f-450f or on a burner on medium-high. Heat up a cast iron pan on the grill or burner and sear the pork tenderloins 1 minute each side. Lightly brush the pork chop with Myron Mixon Hickory Sauce. Add 1/2 stick butter and rosemary to the cast iron skillet.
- With a spoon, lightly baste the pork chop with the butter mixture. Remove once internal temp reaches 135f or desired pork internal temperature.
- Let rest, slice and enjoy!
Pro Tips: When preparing the pork chop, lightly score the fat edges with a paring knife to prevent the edges from curling up during the searing process.