A Grill Master’s Guide to Grilling the Ultimate Tomahawk Pork Chops
Get ready to grill the perfect tomahawk pork chops
Thanks to our monthly contributor IG @_bbqfriend for this amazing presentation of the ultimate tomahawk pork chop! Join the Grill Masters Club community today and get access to the best in BBQ each month, delivered to your door.
Just follow these easy steps to grill a tomahawk pork chop!
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 375-400°F).
2. While the grill is heating up, tie up the pork chops using butcher’s twine. This will ensure uniform thickness and shape.
3. Prepare the pork chops by seasoning them with your desired spices. Some great options include salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs such as rosemary or thyme. While you’re here, check out Grill Masters Club to learn about the award-winning seasoning brands we feature each month!
4. Place the pork chops on the grill and sear it for about 2-3 minutes on each side to create a nice crust. Or continuously flip them until the crust forms.
5. Reduce the grill heat to medium, and continue grilling the pork chops for an additional 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
6. Remove the pork chops from the grill and let them rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat and prevent it from drying out.
7. Add your favorite glaze to the pork chops. Add a bit of smoked salt over the glaze.
8. It’s your time to shine... serve the pork chops with your desired side dishes and enjoy!
Note: The cook time may vary depending on the thickness of the pork chops and the desired level of doneness. It is recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the pork chops are cooked to the desired temperature.