Mis' Rubin's Creamy Fish Magic Pimento Cheese Recipe
"Ahhh… pimento cheese. Everybody’s got their favorites. This one was handed down by my grandmother and is a unique way to use Mis’ Rubin’s Fish Magic Seasoning.
It’s a great treat to throw together on gameday or anytime a couple of friends drop by. And it proves that this is one versatile spice blend! It’s delicious on more than seafood!
Makes two to threeish cups of pimento cheese. Plenty to keep and share too!"
- Robert Landers
Owner, Mis' Rubin's Seasonings
Mis' Rubin's Creamy Fish Magic Pimento Cheese
This recipe came straight from Mis' Rubin's Seasonings. It's a family recipe, one handed down by the owner's own grandmother -- so make sure you do it justice!
Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Food Processor
- 1 tbsp Mis’ Rubin’s Fish Magic Seasoning - featured box item ((heaping tablespoon!))
- 6 oz Swiss Cheese ((block))
- 1 cup Italian Blend Cheese ((generous cup -- try a bag of shredded Asiago/Romano/Parmesan))
- 8 oz Cream Cheese with Chives ((softened))
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter ((softened))
- ½ cup Mayonnaise ((Duke’s preferred))
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper ((optional))
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 7oz jar Diced Pimentos ((drained and patted dry))
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper ((diced))
- Fresh Chives ((minced, for garnish))
Note: We suggest NOT using already grated cheeses. Those have additives and using block cheese will give you full flavored pimento cheese.
Grate Swiss cheese into food processor. (No food processor? Blend with a mixer.)
Add remaining ingredients except pimentos, peppers and chives. Blend until as creamy as you like.
With a spatula, fold in drained and dried pimento and diced bell pepper.
When serving, dust with paprika (or Mis' Rubin's Creole Magic) and scatter with chive for garnish.
- Best if made a day ahead to let flavors marry.
- Let soften at room temperature to be spreadable or warm it up for dipping.
- Enjoy with Mis’ Rubin’s Savory Browned Butter Crackers or your own…with veggies for dipping and of course, in sandwiches. It’s also so SO good over burgers, and whirled into warm pasta for the best “mac and cheese.”
- In a pinch and no time to make? Simply stir in our Fish Magic Seasoning to your favorite store bought…shhhh! We won’t tell!
Thanks to Robert Landers from Mis' Rubin's Seasonings in Birmingham, AL for sharing this family recipe!
cheese, featured box item, Mis' Rubin's Seasonings