Easy Salted Caramel Apple Tart
Featured in the December Grill Masters Club Recipe Booklet - Tis the Seasoning
Easy Salted Caramel Apple Tart feat. Lane's Applewood Rub and Lane's Smoked Finishing Salt
Grill Masters Club
Lane’s Applewood Rub
Lane’s Original Smoked Finishing Salt
4 Honeycrisp Apples
- 1 Ounce Bourbon
- 3 Ounces Maple Syrup
- 2 Ounces Caramel Sauce
- 2 Packs Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Skillets or Grill Safe Dish
Start by preheating the grill, oven, or smoker to 325°F.
- In a medium sized skillet cookie dough, pressing it down to fully cover the surface of the skillet.
- Place on Smoker for 10-15 minutes.
In a bowl add thinly sliced apples, 1 Tbsp Lanes Applewood Rub, Bourbon, Maple Syrup, & Caramel. Mix thoroughly.
- Add apple mix to the Cast Iron by arranging apple slices in a spiral.
- Smoke for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle finishing salt on top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!